In many cases, if a child presents early enough when a problem is detected, corrective measures can be initiated to more easily guide the growth of the bones of the face and jaw so that the teeth erupt into straighter alignment without braces or with only minimal treatment at a later time. Dr. Lisa performs orthodontic screenings for children as young as age 4 and monitors them over time to help determine if and when early interceptive orthodontic treatment is necessary.
Early treatment presents the opportunity to:
- Develop full genetic potential for facial growth & enhanced airway for breathing
- Identify & correct poor oral resting posture or harmful oral habits
- Promote favorable tongue posture & proper swallow function
- Influence jaw growth in a positive manner
- Harmonize width of the dental arches
- Improve tooth eruption patterns
- Lower trauma risk to protruded front teeth
- Improve aesthetics and self-esteem
- Simplify treatment and/or shorten treatment time for later orthodontics
- Reduce likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
- Improve speech patterns
- Maintain or (re)gain space for erupting permanent teeth
- While in growth phase, greater chance for more successful correction & improved long-term stability
To learn more about early interceptive orthodontic treatment in Orlando and Clermont, Florida, and to enjoy peace of mind, call to schedule your child’s screening today!